1. Walmart's $408 billion in revenue last year makes it the 23rd largest economy in the world, bigger than Sweden.
2. This year, everyone in the world will make an average of 1.1 purchases at a Walmart.
3. China's exports to Walmart accounted for 11% of the growth of the total US trade deficit with China between 2001 and 2006.
4. Walmart is the largest overall employer in the USA, and the biggest employer in 25 states.
5. If Walmart's more than 8,500 stores were put in one place, they would take up more than 32 square miles. That's as much as 15,300 football fields.
6. Walmart parking lots alone take up roughly the size of Tampa, Florida.
7. In 2000, Walmart was sued 4,851 times (about once every 2 hours!)
8. Walmart is battling 1.6 million employees in the largest class action sex discrimination law suit ever. The potential cost of this is $11 billion.
9. An additional Walmart Supercenter per 100,000 residents increases average BMI by 0.25 units and the obesity rate by 2.4%.
10. Walmart operates internationally under 55 different names, including Walmex in Mexico, Asda in the UK, Seiyu in Japan, and Best Price in India.